Dr. Pashman is licensed in the state of California, and can perform second surgical opinions for people residing in California, or outside of the United States.
For patients (from anywhere outside of Los Angeles) who are traveling to consult with Dr. Pashman, we ask to review the films before you incur the expense to travel.
For patients seeking a 2nd surgical opinion, Dr. Pashman will review films and consult with your Primary Care Physician and give his recommendation. If you would like to pursue this option, you can include a note from your physician (on his/her letterhead) with your films, or have them fax it to us at 310-423-9963.
If a physician has told you that you require surgery, and you feel as though you would like a second opinion, this service is for you.
A second opinion and film review are NOT a substitute for a physical exam.
If you would like Dr. Pashman to review your surgical case, please follow these steps:
- Download the medical history form and pain diagram. These can be filled out on your computer and emailed to us at [email protected], or printed and mailed with your films. Here are instructions for the Medical History form.
- Request that your imaging facility provide you with copies of your x-rays, MRIs, CT scans, and any other diagnostic tests performed. Please send the films and the reports. We can accept CDs or films.
- Send your films and medical history via a traceable means such as Federal Express or UPS to:
Robert Pashman, MD
444 S San Vicente Blvd, Suite 800
Los Angeles, CA 90048
ATTN: JENNI MURPHY
- Please call 310-423-9986 with the date your films were sent.
- Once we have received your films, we will call you to confirm receipt.
The charge for a 2nd opinion is $125, payable by check or credit card.
For patients who live outside of California:
If you are planning to travel to Los Angeles to consult with Dr. Pashman, we would appreciate the opportunity to review your films before you travel.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please call 310-423-9986.